Guisborough Model Flying Club
The club has no formal agreement for this, Flying is at your own discretion.
Slope permitted. Northern;
Locations of site A172 2 miles South West of Stokesley O/S ref NZ 525-
Locations of site Station Road,Great Ayton O/S ref NZ 590-
Slope South West
Locations of site Percy Cross Rigg Kildale / Commondale O/S NZ 607-
Care must be taken when using these sites as there is a possibilty people and animals may be present.
Barnaby Side Farm
Slope site for Silent Flight only. The Club fly from here by agreement with the land owner
1. Slope is south facing.
2. Restricted parking. Access by the private road which skirts the farmhouse and out buildings. Enter from the Guisborough ( A171 ) road near the Cross Keys pub at the farm entrance where there is a white house.
3. Parking, in dry conditions on the field as shown on the plan. If the land is wet, on hard standing at the side of the wood as shown on the plan.
4. Speed on the approach road to be slow as children, farm staff and animals may be encountered, and to avoid damaging the cattle grid.
5. Maximum number of cars to be 4. If more arrive, the additional cars should be parked at Windlebridge Garden Centre, which is by the roundabout -
6. Guisborough Model Flying Club membership cards should be visible on your car dashboard when parking at the farm.
7. A site map is available; a copy should be obtained before attending this site.
8. A reverse peg board system should be operated with your named pegs on the frequency required. Soft laminated peg boards are available on request. Ensure only ONE peg board is being operated at a time.
9. All models must have radiused noses as per BMFA rules.
OS ref NZ570-
Slope site for Silent Flight only. The Club fly from here under a licence agreement with the land owner
1. Slope sites for east and west winds.
2. Parking on the east side of the road.
3. Site is closed from May 10th to July 25th inclusive, as per our licence agreement with the landowner.
4. The area is over flown by low flying military aircraft, and during weekdays, in accordance with BMFA advice, a dedicated lookout system must be operated. No more than 4 models should be in the air at anyone time.
5. Care is necessary to avoid over flying the road during landings.
6. Pilots should stand together and a designated landing area should be agreed prior to flying.
7. A reverse peg board system should be operated, where you put your named peg on the frequency required. Soft laminated peg boards are available to any member on request to a committee member. Ensure that only ONE peg board is operated at a time.
8. A site map is available on request from the committee.
9. Electric flight is not permitted due to fire risk.
10. All models must have radiused noses as per BMFA handbook.
O/S ref NZ 683-
Silent Flight site information and specific rules